Day three of my trip home. My soul becomes polished and renewed when I come home to all these memories and family.
Its funny how life outside NYC is so different. The moment I landed I could feel the energy slow down and see a more conservative idea spring up around me. I'm always amazing at the type of wealth in Sugar Land and specifically Fort Bend; from the huge homes with perfect lawns to the community of families with SUVs. This community has grown into a thriving center of new buildings and is the upper class mega center; with a median family income of 100,000 its not hard to see why.
My family has always been more interesting then its surroundings. I was always the kids with the oldest parents and had the most brothers and sisters in my class. The majority of my family grew up in Argentina and spoke Spanish fluently so I had a great deal of culture and diversity growing up. However if you ask my mom she would never say she was Mexican..even though her maiden name was Maria Juventina Gonzales!
As for "wealth", I never considered myself as having grown up as a "rich kid". There was always someone with a bigger house, car or whose family would take trips to exotic locations. But as I grow older I'm also getting wiser. Not everyone had a my father worked for Halliburton or grew up in a 2 story house with a pool and got a car at 16. Its about perspective, as my visits home become fewer and farther between I'm able to look at my childhood with more of it. "Rich kid" no, but definitely "spoiled" - yes.
2 comments:
spoiled... maybe, but cute and able to grow with each learning experience that makes you wiser. We need the abilitlty to live love and laugh which you so effortlessly provide.
we miss you in NYC.
That goes ditto from TVC.
Post a Comment