Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crash and Burn


I haven't made an effort to continue dating. There is this great big whole inside of me from my past relationship and I think I'm FINALLY starting to realize that dating isn't the answer ( at lease until that hot guy from the Ritz calls me).

Consider the following:
  • The accountant texted me, saying he wanted to see me when he got back from London, I didn't return the text.
  • I made vague non committal plans with my roommates friend, cxled them. Then saw him out with another guy, hand in hand. They made a cute couple and he looked happy.
  • Ran into BD guy, it was a "hey, whats going on?! I'll call u." Never did.
I'm just burnt out. My new workout partner says he doesn't date at all which I kinda understand. I don't want to go to another dinner and talk my goals, my relationships or what I do for a living. It gets repetitive. And I think dates should be exciting, you should want to see that person. So break. For now

In other news...

Volleyball started. We lost all three game. The team that we played against had played together before so it was kind of an unfair match up. I'm already facebook friends with most my team mates, its like we are bff now. :)

My new work out partner is awesome. He reminds me of my roommate from college and a surfer..dude. Totally.

My Ex from Fire Island leaves NYC this thursday for good. I can't believe I met him almost 6 years ago. Its an end of an era with him moving. Seems like all my old friends are leaving NYC...maybe I'm next?

2 comments:

Lucky S. Michaels said...

I have read this a few times as there is no new blogs yet and i finally decided i should comment. I wasn't going to at first or ssecond or thris vistit... but this time think i will. I think you made the most monumental freudian slip of your life here. You said their is a "whole" left from your last relationship rather than a "hole" which speaks volumes if you think of it in association to a Freudian slip and the nature of relationships. You are Whole in every sense of the word without being with somebody or in a relationship. I know it is lonely and life is better with somebody there and having people to hang out with but you are Whole and the is not a "hole" that needs to be filled, you just need to figure out how to spend your time and with whom to spend it with is all. If you ever want to hang out let me know... i did enjoy dinner with you again and hope to see you soon. Hope you don't mind this comment, but i have read it and thought the same thing again and again. No matter who you are with and when, You are Whole and an incredible person. I am so glad you came into my life and I hope you stay in my life as you are one of my best freinds.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the update in this post! I miss our lunchtime sushi catch-ups. L is leaving?! Where? The accountant is still in the pict on and off! We have are gonna have to get together over drinks when I'm back in town this winter... I can clearly see I've missed a few chapters.

xo,
A