Monday, September 15, 2008

Old Habits Die Hard


Scene: NYC subway train, night. Ex, Friend 1, Friend 2 and I are riding the train heading from a birthday party at my Ex's apartment.

Me: K, this is my stop. I'll catch u guys later.
[leans in and gives quick cheek kisses to Friend 1 & 2]

Me: See u later
[leans in and almost kisses Ex on lips, hits side of cheek]

Me: love u

[rushes out train door]


Scene.

****

Its like my mind was on autopilot as I was saying my goodbyes. I didn't even realize it until I was out of the subway.

In other news, I made the volleyball team. Almost 300 people tried out on Saturday. After 6 hrs of volleyball, I was one of the 190 people that made the Division 8 teams. The try outs and league remind me of my fraternity days...that and several scenes from Mean Girls. I've already facebooked my teammates. Hot. Let the games begin!

No comments: